Luke 15:1-2 NLT: Tax collectors and other notorious sinners often came to listen to Jesus teach. This made the Pharisees and teachers of religious law complain that he was associating with such sinful people—even eating with them!
My dear friend in Christ, today we see Jesus teaching sinners and tax collectors the word of God. He had a choice of avoiding them because of what people might say or think thereby preserving His reputation. But He did no such thing. He went ahead and even ate with them when the occasion calls for it. He was interested in saving their souls for He knows that they are doomed without God in their lives. God is never interested in the death of a sinner rather He wants all men to repent and be saved. Ezekiel 18:23.
The religious scholars on the other hand were interested in keeping their reputation instead of reaching out to the sinners and teaching them the word of God. They placed more value on their reputation than the souls of those sinners. In our world today, this is still happening amongst us. People accuse you and call you names by mere sighting you in the company of sinners. As a matter of fact, if some people are granted permission, they will open a market and place a notice at the entrance saying: “sinners are not allowed.”
This should not be heard among believers. Learn to teach sinners rather than joining them in the evil they commit. Ask the Lord Jesus for help as you embark on such mission for He himself went through the same thing. Never place your reputation or what people will say or think above saving souls for God. For there is great joy in heaven over one repentant sinner. Luke 15:7.
Declare to yourself loud: I will teach sinners your ways oh Lord.
- Lord Jesus, help me to reach out to sinners and teach them about you.
- Precious Holy Spirit, fill my heart with courage to ignore men’s talk and do your will.
- Heavenly Father, touch the hearts of the wicked and make them better people. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Pray for your father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, uncles, aunties, friends and other relatives whom you feel are wicked and lack the love of God in them. Ask God to transform their lives and make them better people.
- Please add your personal intentions.